• Attain Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To reach or come to, by progression or motion; to arrive at.
- (v. t.) To achieve or accomplish, that is, to reach by efforts; to gain; to compass; as, to attain rest.
- (v. t.) To get at the knowledge of; to ascertain.
- (v. i.) To come or arrive, by an effort of mind.
- (v. i.) To come or arrive, by motion, growth, bodily exertion, or efforts toward a place, object, state, etc.; to reach.
- (v. t.) To gain or obtain possession of; to acquire.
- (n.) Attainment.
- (v. t.) To reach in excellence or degree; to equal.
- (v. t.) To overtake.
• Attaining Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Attain
• Attainable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being attained or reached by efforts of the mind or body; capable of being compassed or accomplished by efforts directed to the object.
- (a.) Obtainable.