• Attainted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Attaint
• Attaint Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p.) Attainted; corrupted.
- (v.) A touch or hit.
- (v.) An infecting influence.
- (v.) A writ which lies after judgment, to inquire whether a jury has given a false verdict in any court of record; also, the convicting of the jury so tried.
- (v.) A stain or taint; disgrace. See Taint.
- (v. t.) To attain; to get act; to hit.
- (v. t.) To affect or infect, as with physical or mental disease or with moral contagion; to taint or corrupt.
- (v. t.) To find guilty; to convict; -- said esp. of a jury on trial for giving a false verdict.
- (v. t.) To stain; to obscure; to sully; to disgrace; to cloud with infamy.
- (v. t.) To subject (a person) to the legal condition formerly resulting from a sentence of death or outlawry, pronounced in respect of treason or felony; to affect by attainder.
- (v. t.) To accuse; to charge with a crime or a dishonorable act.
- (v.) A blow or wound on the leg of a horse, made by overreaching.