• Attraction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or property of attracting; the effect of the power or operation of attraction.
- (n.) That which attracts; an attractive object or feature.
- (n.) An invisible power in a body by which it draws anything to itself; the power in nature acting mutually between bodies or ultimate particles, tending to draw them together, or to produce their cohesion or combination, and conversely resisting separation.
- (n.) The power or act of alluring, drawing to, inviting, or engaging; an attractive quality; as, the attraction of beauty or eloquence.
• Attraction sphere Definition & Synonyms
- () The central mass of the aster in mitotic cell division; centrosphere.
- () the mass of archoplasm left by the aster in the resting cell.
- () A small body situated on or near the nucleus in the cells of some of the lower plants, consisting of two centrospheres containing centrosomes. It exercises an important function in mitosis.