• Auditing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Audit
• Audit Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) The result of such an examination, or an account as adjusted by auditors; final account.
- (v. t.) To examine and adjust, as an account or accounts; as, to audit the accounts of a treasure, or of parties who have a suit depending in court.
- (a.) An audience; a hearing.
- (a.) A general receptacle or receiver.
- (a.) An examination in general; a judicial examination.
- (v. i.) To settle or adjust an account.