• Authentic Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Bona fide
- (n.) Authoritative.
- (n.) Having a genuine original or authority, in opposition to that which is false, fictitious, counterfeit, or apocryphal; being what it purports to be; genuine; not of doubtful origin; real; as, an authentic paper or register.
- (n.) An original (book or document).
- (n.) Of approved authority; true; trustworthy; credible; as, an authentic writer; an authentic portrait; authentic information.
- (n.) Vested with all due formalities, and legally attested.
- (n.) Having as immediate relation to the tonic, in distinction from plagal, which has a correspondent relation to the dominant in the octave below the tonic.
• Authentically Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In an authentic manner; with the requisite or genuine authority.
• Authenticity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being authentic or of established authority for truth and correctness.
- (n.) Genuineness; the quality of being genuine or not corrupted from the original.