• Authorizing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Authorize
• Authorize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To justify; to furnish a ground for.
- (v. t.) To clothe with authority, warrant, or legal power; to give a right to act; to empower; as, to authorize commissioners to settle a boundary.
- (v. t.) To make legal; to give legal sanction to; to legalize; as, to authorize a marriage.
- (v. t.) To sanction or confirm by the authority of some one; to warrant; as, to authorize a report.
- (v. t.) To establish by authority, as by usage or public opinion; to sanction; as, idioms authorized by usage.