• Avoiding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Avoid
• Avoid Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) To make void; to annul or vacate; to refute.
- (a.) To emit or throw out; to void; as, to avoid excretions.
- (v. i.) To become void or vacant.
- (a.) To get rid of.
- (a.) To keep away from; to keep clear of; to endeavor no to meet; to shun; to abstain from; as, to avoid the company of gamesters.
- (a.) To defeat or evade; to invalidate. Thus, in a replication, the plaintiff may deny the defendants plea, or confess it, and avoid it by stating new matter.
- (a.) To empty.
- (v. i.) To retire; to withdraw.
- (a.) To quit or evacuate; to withdraw from.