• Award Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To determine; to make an award.
- (v. t.) To give by sentence or judicial determination; to assign or apportion, after careful regard to the nature of the case; to adjudge; as, the arbitrators awarded damages to the complainant.
- (v. t.) A judgment, sentence, or final decision. Specifically: The decision of arbitrators in a case submitted.
- (v. t.) The paper containing the decision of arbitrators; that which is warded.
• Awarded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Award
• Awarder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who awards, or assigns by sentence or judicial determination; a judge.
• Awarding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Award