• Babbled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Babble
• Babble Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To talk much; to chatter; to prate.
- (n.) Idle talk; senseless prattle; gabble; twaddle.
- (v. i.) To utter words indistinctly or unintelligibly; to utter inarticulate sounds; as a child babbles.
- (v. i.) To talk incoherently; to utter unmeaning words.
- (n.) Inarticulate speech; constant or confused murmur.
- (v. i.) To utter in an indistinct or incoherent way; to repeat, as words, in a childish way without understanding.
- (v. i.) To make a continuous murmuring noise, as shallow water running over stones.
- (v. i.) To disclose by too free talk, as a secret.