• Backhand Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of handwriting in which the downward slope of the letters is from left to right.
- (a.) Sloping from left to right; -- said of handwriting.
- (a.) Backhanded; indirect; oblique.
• Backhanded Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Indirect; awkward; insincere; sarcastic; as, a backhanded compliment.
- (a.) Turned back, or inclining to the left; as, a backhanded letters.
- (a.) With the hand turned backward; as, a backhanded blow.
• Backhandedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) State of being backhanded; the using of backhanded or indirect methods.