• Badger Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A brush made of badgers hair, used by artists.
- (v. t.) To tease or annoy, as a badger when baited; to worry or irritate persistently.
- (v. t.) To beat down; to cheapen; to barter; to bargain.
- (n.) A carnivorous quadruped of the genus Meles or of an allied genus. It is a burrowing animal, with short, thick legs, and long claws on the fore feet. One species (M. vulgaris), called also brock, inhabits the north of Europe and Asia; another species (Taxidea Americana / Labradorica) inhabits the northern parts of North America. See Teledu.
- (n.) An itinerant licensed dealer in commodities used for food; a hawker; a huckster; -- formerly applied especially to one who bought grain in one place and sold it in another.
• Badgered Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Badger
• Badgering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Badger
- (n.) The act of one who badgers.
- (n.) The practice of buying wheat and other kinds of food in one place and selling them in another for a profit.