• Bag Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To swell or hang down like a full bag; as, the skin bags from containing morbid matter.
- (n.) A sort of silken purse formerly tied about mens hair behind, by way of ornament.
- (n.) The quantity of game bagged.
- (n.) A sac, or dependent gland, in animal bodies, containing some fluid or other substance; as, the bag of poison in the mouth of some serpents; the bag of a cow.
- (n.) A sack or pouch, used for holding anything; as, a bag of meal or of money.
- (v. t.) To put into a bag; as, to bag hops.
- (n.) A certain quantity of a commodity, such as it is customary to carry to market in a sack; as, a bag of pepper or hops; a bag of coffee.
- (v. i.) To swell with arrogance.
- (v. t.) To furnish or load with a bag or with a well filled bag.
- (v. i.) To become pregnant.
- (v. t.) To seize, capture, or entrap; as, to bag an army; to bag game.
• Bagpiper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who plays on a bagpipe; a piper.
• Bagged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bag