• Baked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bake
• Bake Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To harden by cold.
- (v. i.) To be baked; to become dry and hard in heat; as, the bread bakes; the ground bakes in the hot sun.
- (v. t.) To prepare, as food, by cooking in a dry heat, either in an oven or under coals, or on heated stone or metal; as, to bake bread, meat, apples.
- (v. i.) To do the work of baking something; as, she brews, washes, and bakes.
- (n.) The process, or result, of baking.
- (v. t.) To dry or harden (anything) by subjecting to heat, as, to bake bricks; the sun bakes the ground.
• Baked-meat Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pie; baked food.