• Balloting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Ballot
• Ballot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To vote or decide by ballot; as, to ballot for a candidate.
- (v. t.) To vote for or in opposition to.
- (n.) Originally, a ball used for secret voting. Hence: Any printed or written ticket used in voting.
- (n.) The act of voting by balls or written or printed ballots or tickets; the system of voting secretly by balls or by tickets.
- (n.) The whole number of votes cast at an election, or in a given territory or electoral district.