• Banged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bang
• Bang Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cut squarely across, as the tail of a hors, or the forelock of human beings; to cut (the hair).
- (n.) The short, front hair combed down over the forehead, esp. when cut squarely across; a false front of hair similarly worn.
- (n.) A blow as with a club; a heavy blow.
- (n.) The sound produced by a sudden concussion.
- (n.) Alt. of Bangue
- (v. t.) To beat, as with a club or cudgel; to treat with violence; to handle roughly.
- (v. i.) To make a loud noise, as if with a blow or succession of blows; as, the window blind banged and waked me; he was banging on the piano.
- (v. t.) To beat or thump, or to cause ( something) to hit or strike against another object, in such a way as to make a loud noise; as, to bang a drum or a piano; to bang a door (against the doorpost or casing) in shutting it.