• Bare Definition & Synonyms
- () Bore; the old preterit of Bear, v.
- (a.) Mere; alone; unaccompanied by anything else; as, a bare majority.
- (a.) To strip off the covering of; to make bare; as, to bare the breast.
- (n.) That part of a roofing slate, shingle, tile, or metal plate, which is exposed to the weather.
- (a.) Destitute; indigent; empty; unfurnished or scantily furnished; -- used with of (rarely with in) before the thing wanting or taken away; as, a room bare of furniture.
- (a.) Plain; simple; unadorned; without polish; bald; meager.
- (a.) Threadbare; much worn.
- (a.) Without anything to cover up or conceal ones thoughts or actions; open to view; exposed.
- (a.) With head uncovered; bareheaded.
- (n.) Surface; body; substance.
- (a.) Without clothes or covering; stripped of the usual covering; naked; as, his body is bare; the trees are bare.
- () of Bear
• Baresark Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Berserker, or Norse warrior who fought without armor, or shirt of mail. Hence, adverbially: Without shirt of mail or armor.
• Bareback Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) On the bare back of a horse, without using a saddle; as, to ride bareback.