• Bark Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To girdle. See Girdle, v. t., 3.
- (v. i.) To make a short, loud, explosive noise with the vocal organs; -- said of some animals, but especially of dogs.
- (v. t.) To cover or inclose with bark, or as with bark; as, to bark the roof of a hut.
- (n.) The short, loud, explosive sound uttered by a dog; a similar sound made by some other animals.
- (v. t.) To strip the bark from; to peel.
- (n.) Alt. of Barque
- (v. t.) To abrade or rub off any outer covering from; as to bark ones heel.
- (v. i.) To make a clamor; to make importunate outcries.
• Barking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bark
• Barking irons Definition & Synonyms
- () Instruments used in taking off the bark of trees.
- () A pair of pistols.