• Basset Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Basset hound
- (n.) The edge of a geological stratum at the surface of the ground; the outcrop.
- (n.) A game at cards, resembling the modern faro, said to have been invented at Venice.
- (v. i.) To inclined upward so as to appear at the surface; to crop out; as, a vein of coal bassets.
- (a.) Inclined upward; as, the basset edge of strata.
• Basseting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Basset
- (n.) The upward direction of a vein in a mine; the emergence of a stratum at the surface.
• Basseted Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Basset