• Bastard Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Begotten and born out of lawful matrimony; illegitimate. See Bastard, n., note.
- (n.) A sweet Spanish wine like muscadel in flavor.
- (n.) Lacking in genuineness; spurious; false; adulterate; -- applied to things which resemble those which are genuine, but are really not so.
- (n.) A large size of mold, in which sugar is drained.
- (n.) Of an unusual make or proportion; as, a bastard musket; a bastard culverin.
- (n.) An inferior quality of soft brown sugar, obtained from the sirups that / already had several boilings.
- (n.) A writing paper of a particular size. See Paper.
- (v. t.) To bastardize.
- (n.) Abbreviated, as the half title in a page preceding the full title page of a book.
- (n.) A "natural" child; a child begotten and born out of wedlock; an illegitimate child; one born of an illicit union.
• Bastardism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being a bastard; bastardy.
• Bastardize Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make or prove to be a bastard; to stigmatize as a bastard; to declare or decide legally to be illegitimate.
- (v. t.) To beget out of wedlock.