• Bathe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To apply water or some liquid medicament to; as, to bathe the eye with warm water or with sea water; to bathe ones forehead with camphor.
- (v. t.) To lave; to wet.
- (v. i.) To immerse or cover ones self, as in a bath.
- (v. t.) To surround, or envelop, as water surrounds a person immersed.
- (v. i.) To bask in the sun.
- (n.) The immersion of the body in water; as to take ones usual bathe.
- (v. i.) To bathe ones self; to take a bath or baths.
- (v. t.) To moisten or suffuse with a liquid.
- (v. t.) To wash by immersion, as in a bath; to subject to a bath.
• Bather Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who bathes.
• Bathed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bathe