• Bathing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bathe
- (n.) Act of taking a bath or baths.
• Bath Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Hebrew measure containing the tenth of a homer, or five gallons and three pints, as a measure for liquids; and two pecks and five quarts, as a dry measure.
- (n.) A receptacle or place where persons may immerse or wash their bodies in water.
- (n.) The act of exposing the body, or part of the body, for purposes of cleanliness, comfort, health, etc., to water, vapor, hot air, or the like; as, a cold or a hot bath; a medicated bath; a steam bath; a hip bath.
- (n.) A building containing an apartment or a series of apartments arranged for bathing.
- (n.) A medium, as heated sand, ashes, steam, hot air, through which heat is applied to a body.
- (n.) A solution in which plates or prints are immersed; also, the receptacle holding the solution.
- (n.) A city in the west of England, resorted to for its hot springs, which has given its name to various objects.
- (n.) Water or other liquid for bathing.
• Bathe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To apply water or some liquid medicament to; as, to bathe the eye with warm water or with sea water; to bathe ones forehead with camphor.
- (v. t.) To lave; to wet.
- (v. i.) To immerse or cover ones self, as in a bath.
- (v. t.) To surround, or envelop, as water surrounds a person immersed.
- (v. i.) To bask in the sun.
- (n.) The immersion of the body in water; as to take ones usual bathe.
- (v. i.) To bathe ones self; to take a bath or baths.
- (v. t.) To moisten or suffuse with a liquid.
- (v. t.) To wash by immersion, as in a bath; to subject to a bath.