• Battering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Batter
• Batter Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A bruise on the face of a plate or of type in the form.
- (n.) A backward slope in the face of a wall or of a bank; receding slope.
- (v. t.) To beat with successive blows; to beat repeatedly and with violence, so as to bruise, shatter, or demolish; as, to batter a wall or rampart.
- (v. t.) To flatten (metal) by hammering, so as to compress it inwardly and spread it outwardly.
- (n.) One who wields a bat; a batsman.
- (v. t.) A semi-liquid mixture of several ingredients, as, flour, eggs, milk, etc., beaten together and used in cookery.
- (v. i.) To slope gently backward.
- (v. t.) Paste of clay or loam.
- (v. t.) To wear or impair as if by beating or by hard usage.
• Battering train Definition & Synonyms
- () A train of artillery for siege operations.
• Battering-ram Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An engine used in ancient times to beat down the walls of besieged places.
- (n.) A blacksmiths hammer, suspended, and worked horizontally.