• Battled Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p.) Embattled.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Battle
• Battle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A struggle; a contest; as, the battle of life.
- (v. t.) A division of an army; a battalion.
- (a.) Fertile. See Battel, a.
- (v. t.) The main body, as distinct from the van and rear; battalia.
- (v. t.) A general action, fight, or encounter, in which all the divisions of an army are or may be engaged; an engagement; a combat.
- (v. t.) To assail in battle; to fight.
- (n.) To join in battle; to contend in fight; as, to battle over theories.
• Battledoor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A childs hornbook.
- (n.) An instrument, with a handle and a flat part covered with parchment or crossed with catgut, used to strike a shuttlecock in play; also, the play of battledoor and shuttlecock.