• Beak Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A similar bill in other animals, as the turtles.
- (n.) The long projecting sucking mouth of some insects, and other invertebrates, as in the Hemiptera.
- (n.) A toe clip. See Clip, n. (Far.).
- (n.) The upper or projecting part of the shell, near the hinge of a bivalve.
- (n.) The bill or nib of a bird, consisting of a horny sheath, covering the jaws. The form varied much according to the food and habits of the bird, and is largely used in the classification of birds.
- (n.) Anything projecting or ending in a point, like a beak, as a promontory of land.
- (n.) A beam, shod or armed at the end with a metal head or point, and projecting from the prow of an ancient galley, in order to pierce the vessel of an enemy; a beakhead.
- (n.) That part of a ship, before the forecastle, which is fastened to the stem, and supported by the main knee.
- (n.) A continuous slight projection ending in an arris or narrow fillet; that part of a drip from which the water is thrown off.
- (n.) Any process somewhat like the beak of a bird, terminating the fruit or other parts of a plant.
- (n.) A magistrate or policeman.
- (n.) The prolongation of certain univalve shells containing the canal.
• Beakiron Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bickern; a bench anvil with a long beak, adapted to reach the interior surface of sheet metal ware; the horn of an anvil.
• Beaker Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A large drinking cup, with a wide mouth, supported on a foot or standard.
- (n.) An open-mouthed, thin glass vessel, having a projecting lip for pouring; -- used for holding solutions requiring heat.