• Becoming Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Appropriate or fit; congruous; suitable; graceful; befitting.
- (n.) That which is becoming or appropriate.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Become
• Become Definition & Synonyms
- (p. p.) of Become
- (v. t.) To suit or be suitable to; to be congruous with; to befit; to accord with, in character or circumstances; to be worthy of, or proper for; to cause to appear well; -- said of persons and things.
- (v. i.) To come; to get.
- (v. i.) To pass from one state to another; to enter into some state or condition, by a change from another state, or by assuming or receiving new properties or qualities, additional matter, or a new character.
• Becomingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a becoming manner.
• Becomingness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being becoming, appropriate, or fit; congruity; fitness.