• Beef Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Applied colloquially to human flesh.
- (a.) Of, pertaining to, or resembling, beef.
- (n.) An animal of the genus Bos, especially the common species, B. taurus, including the bull, cow, and ox, in their full grown state; esp., an ox or cow fattened for food.
- (n.) The flesh of an ox, or cow, or of any adult bovine animal, when slaughtered for food.
• Beefsteak Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A steak of beef; a slice of beef broiled or suitable for broiling.
• Beefeater Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the yeomen of the guard, in England.
- (n.) An African bird of the genus Buphaga, which feeds on the larvae of botflies hatched under the skin of oxen, antelopes, etc. Two species are known.
- (n.) One who eats beef; hence, a large, fleshy person.