• Before Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In time past; previously; already.
- (prep.) In presence or sight of; face to face with; facing.
- (adv.) In advance.
- (prep.) Prior or preceding in dignity, order, rank, right, or worth; rather than.
- (prep.) An advance of; farther onward, in place or time.
- (prep.) Preceding in time; earlier than; previously to; anterior to the time when; -- sometimes with the additional idea of purpose; in order that.
- (adv.) On the fore part; in front, or in the direction of the front; -- opposed to in the rear.
- (prep.) Open for; free of access to; in the power of.
- (adv.) Earlier; sooner than; until then.
- (prep.) In front of; preceding in space; ahead of; as, to stand before the fire; before the house.
- (prep.) Under the cognizance or jurisdiction of.
• Beforehand Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By way of preparation, or preliminary; previously; aforetime.
- (adv.) In a state of anticipation ore preoccupation; in advance; -- often followed by with.
- (a.) In comfortable circumstances as regards property; forehanded.