• Beg Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A title of honor in Turkey and in some other parts of the East; a bey.
- (v. t.) To take for granted; to assume without proof.
- (v. t.) To ask to be appointed guardian for, or to ask to have a guardian appointed for.
- (v. t.) To ask for as a charity, esp. to ask for habitually or from house to house.
- (v. t.) To make petition to; to entreat; as, to beg a person to grant a favor.
- (v. i.) To ask alms or charity, especially to ask habitually by the wayside or from house to house; to live by asking alms.
- (v. t.) To ask earnestly for; to entreat or supplicate for; to beseech.
• Begetting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Beget
• Beggarliness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being beggarly; meanness.