• Beggar Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to seem very poor and inadequate.
- (v. t.) To reduce to beggary; to impoverish; as, he had beggared himself.
- (n.) One who makes it his business to ask alms.
- (n.) One who begs; one who asks or entreats earnestly, or with humility; a petitioner.
- (n.) One who is dependent upon others for support; -- a contemptuous or sarcastic use.
- (n.) One who assumes in argument what he does not prove.
• Beggaring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Beggar
• Beggarly Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) In the condition of, or like, a beggar; suitable for a beggar; extremely indigent; poverty-stricken; mean; poor; contemptible.
- (a.) Produced or occasioned by beggary.
- (adv.) In an indigent, mean, or despicable manner; in the manner of a beggar.