• Belief Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Assent to a proposition or affirmation, or the acceptance of a fact, opinion, or assertion as real or true, without immediate personal knowledge; reliance upon word or testimony; partial or full assurance without positive knowledge or absolute certainty; persuasion; conviction; confidence; as, belief of a witness; the belief of our senses.
- (n.) The thing believed; the object of belief.
- (n.) A tenet, or the body of tenets, held by the advocates of any class of views; doctrine; creed.
- (n.) A persuasion of the truths of religion; faith.
• Beliefful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having belief or faith.