• Bellow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To emit with a loud voice; to shout; -- used with out.
- (v.) To make a hollow, loud noise, as an enraged bull.
- (v.) To roar; as the sea in a tempest, or as the wind when violent; to make a loud, hollow, continued sound.
- (n.) A loud resounding outcry or noise, as of an enraged bull; a roar.
- (v.) To bowl; to vociferate; to clamor.
• Bellows fish Definition & Synonyms
- () A European fish (Centriscus scolopax), distinguished by a long tubular snout, like the pipe of a bellows; -- called also trumpet fish, and snipe fish.
• Bellower Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, bellows.