• Bellows Definition & Synonyms
- (n. sing. & pl.) An instrument, utensil, or machine, which, by alternate expansion and contraction, or by rise and fall of the top, draws in air through a valve and expels it through a tube for various purposes, as blowing fires, ventilating mines, or filling the pipes of an organ with wind.
• Bellow Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To emit with a loud voice; to shout; -- used with out.
- (v.) To make a hollow, loud noise, as an enraged bull.
- (v.) To roar; as the sea in a tempest, or as the wind when violent; to make a loud, hollow, continued sound.
- (n.) A loud resounding outcry or noise, as of an enraged bull; a roar.
- (v.) To bowl; to vociferate; to clamor.
• Bellows fish Definition & Synonyms
- () A European fish (Centriscus scolopax), distinguished by a long tubular snout, like the pipe of a bellows; -- called also trumpet fish, and snipe fish.