• Belonged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Belong
• Belong Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be suitable for; to be due to.
- (v. i.) To be native to, or an inhabitant of; esp. to have a legal residence, settlement, or inhabitancy, whether by birth or operation of law, so as to be entitled to maintenance by the parish or town.
- (v. i.) To be the property of; as, Jamaica belongs to Great Britain.
- (v. t.) To be deserved by.
- (v. i.) To be a part of, or connected with; to be appendant or related; to owe allegiance or service.
- (v. i.) To be the concern or proper business or function of; to appertain to.