• Bench Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A long table at which mechanics and other work; as, a carpenters bench.
- (n.) The persons who sit as judges; the court; as, the opinion of the full bench. See Kings Bench.
- (v. i.) To sit on a seat of justice.
- (n.) A collection or group of dogs exhibited to the public; -- so named because the animals are usually placed on benches or raised platforms.
- (v. t.) To furnish with benches.
- (n.) The seat where judges sit in court.
- (v. t.) To place on a bench or seat of honor.
- (n.) A long seat, differing from a stool in its greater length.
- (n.) A conformation like a bench; a long stretch of flat ground, or a kind of natural terrace, near a lake or river.
• Benching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Bench
• Benches Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Bench