• Beneath Definition & Synonyms
- (prep.) Lower in rank, dignity, or excellence than; as, brutes are beneath man; man is beneath angels in the scale of beings. Hence: Unworthy of; unbecoming.
- (prep.) Under, in relation to something that is superior, or that oppresses or burdens.
- (adv.) Below, as opposed to heaven, or to any superior region or position; as, in earth beneath.
- (prep.) Lower in place, with something directly over or on; under; underneath; hence, at the foot of.
- (adv.) In a lower place; underneath.