• Benedict Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Benedick
- (a.) Having mild and salubrious qualities.
• Benediction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The form of instituting an abbot, answering to the consecration of a bishop.
- (n.) A blessing; an expression of blessing, prayer, or kind wishes in favor of any person or thing; a solemn or affectionate invocation of happiness.
- (n.) A solemn rite by which bells, banners, candles, etc., are blessed with holy water, and formally dedicated to God.
- (n.) The short prayer which closes public worship; as, to give the benediction.
- (n.) The act of blessing.
• Benedictory Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Expressing wishes for good; as, a benedictory prayer.