• Beneficiary Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who receives anything as a gift; one who receives a benefit or advantage; esp. one who receives help or income from an educational fund or a trust estate.
- (a.) Holding some office or valuable possession, in subordination to another; holding under a feudal or other superior; having a dependent and secondary possession.
- (n.) A feudatory or vassal; hence, one who holds a benefice and uses its proceeds.
- (a.) Bestowed as a gratuity; as, beneficiary gifts.