• Bent Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) A transverse frame of a framed structure.
- () of Bend
- (a. & p. p.) Strongly inclined toward something, so as to be resolved, determined, set, etc.; -- said of the mind, character, disposition, desires, etc., and used with on; as, to be bent on going to college; he is bent on mischief.
- (a. & p. p.) Changed by pressure so as to be no longer straight; crooked; as, a bent pin; a bent lever.
- (v.) Tension; force of acting; energy; impetus.
- (v.) A leaning or bias; proclivity; tendency of mind; inclination; disposition; purpose; aim.
- () imp. & p. p. of Bend.
- (v.) A declivity or slope, as of a hill.
- (v.) The state of being curved, crooked, or inclined from a straight line; flexure; curvity; as, the bent of a bow.
- (n.) A reedlike grass; a stalk of stiff, coarse grass.
- (n.) Any neglected field or broken ground; a common; a moor.
- (n.) A grass of the genus Agrostis, esp. Agrostis vulgaris, or redtop. The name is also used of many other grasses, esp. in America.
- (v.) Particular direction or tendency; flexion; course.
, Bent grass
• Benthamite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who believes in Benthamism.