• Benzoin Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A white crystalline substance, C14H12O2, obtained from benzoic aldehyde and some other sources.
- (n.) The spicebush (Lindera benzoin).
- (n.) A resinous substance, dry and brittle, obtained from the Styrax benzoin, a tree of Sumatra, Java, etc., having a fragrant odor, and slightly aromatic taste. It is used in the preparation of benzoic acid, in medicine, and as a perfume.
• Benzoinated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Containing or impregnated with benzoin; as, benzoinated lard.