• Bet Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To stake or pledge upon the event of a contingent issue; to wager.
- (a. & adv.) An early form of Better.
- (n.) That which is laid, staked, or pledged, as between two parties, upon the event of a contest or any contingent issue; the act of giving such a pledge; a wager.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bet
- () imp. & p. p. of Beat.
• Bethlemite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of an extinct English order of monks.
- (n.) An inhabitant of Bethlehem in Judea.
- (n.) An insane person; a madman; a bedlamite.
• Betorn Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Torn in pieces; tattered.