• Betroth Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To nominate to a bishopric, in order to consecration.
- (v. t.) To contract to any one for a marriage; to engage or promise in order to marriage; to affiance; -- used esp. of a woman.
- (v. t.) To promise to take (as a future spouse); to plight ones troth to.
• Betrothing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Betroth
• Betrothal Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of betrothing, or the fact of being betrothed; a mutual promise, engagement, or contract for a future marriage between the persons betrothed; betrothment; affiance.