• Biased Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Bias
• Bias Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To incline to one side; to give a particular direction to; to influence; to prejudice; to prepossess.
- (n.) A weight on the side of the ball used in the game of bowls, or a tendency imparted to the ball, which turns it from a straight line.
- (n.) A slant; a diagonal; as, to cut cloth on the bias.
- (n.) A leaning of the mind; propensity or prepossession toward an object or view, not leaving the mind indifferent; bent; inclination.
- (n.) A wedge-shaped piece of cloth taken out of a garment (as the waist of a dress) to diminish its circumference.
- (a.) Cut slanting or diagonally, as cloth.
- (a.) Inclined to one side; swelled on one side.
- (adv.) In a slanting manner; crosswise; obliquely; diagonally; as, to cut cloth bias.