• Birth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act or fact of coming into life, or of being born; -- generally applied to human beings; as, the birth of a son.
- (n.) Origin; beginning; as, the birth of an empire.
- (n.) The act of bringing forth; as, she had two children at a birth.
- (n.) That which is born; that which is produced, whether animal or vegetable.
- (n.) The condition to which a person is born; natural state or position; inherited disposition or tendency.
- (n.) See Berth.
- (n.) Lineage; extraction; descent; sometimes, high birth; noble extraction.
• Birthroot Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An herbaceous plant (Trillium erectum), and its astringent rootstock, which is said to have medicinal properties.
• Birthmark Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Some peculiar mark or blemish on the body at birth.