• Blazing Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Burning with a blaze; as, a blazing fire; blazing torches.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Blaze
• Blaze Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A spot made on trees by chipping off a piece of the bark, usually as a surveyors mark.
- (n.) A white spot on the forehead of a horse.
- (v. i.) To send forth or reflect glowing or brilliant light; to show a blaze.
- (n.) A stream of gas or vapor emitting light and heat in the process of combustion; a bright flame.
- (n.) A bursting out, or active display of any quality; an outburst; a brilliant display.
- (v. i.) To blazon.
- (n.) Intense, direct light accompanied with heat; as, to seek shelter from the blaze of the sun.
- (v. t.) To designate by blazing; to mark out, as by blazed trees; as, to blaze a line or path.
- (v. i.) To make public far and wide; to make known; to render conspicuous.
- (v. t.) To mark (a tree) by chipping off a piece of the bark.
- (v. i.) To be resplendent.
- (v. i.) To shine with flame; to glow with flame; as, the fire blazes.