• Blear Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) Causing or caused by dimness of sight; dim.
- (v. t.) To make somewhat sore or watery, as the eyes; to dim, or blur, as the sight. Figuratively: To obscure (mental or moral perception); to blind; to hoodwink.
- (v.) Dim or sore with water or rheum; -- said of the eyes.
• Blear-eyed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Lacking in perception or penetration; short-sighted; as, a blear-eyed bigot.
- (a.) Having sore eyes; having the eyes dim with rheum; dim-sighted.
• Bleareye Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A disease of the eyelids, consisting in chronic inflammation of the margins, with a gummy secretion of sebaceous matter.