• Blockade Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) An obstruction to passage.
- (n.) Hence, to shut in so as to prevent egress.
- (n.) To obstruct entrance to or egress from.
- (v. t. ) To shut up, as a town or fortress, by investing it with troops or vessels or war for the purpose of preventing ingress or egress, or the introduction of supplies. See note under Blockade, n.
- (v. t.) The shutting up of a place by troops or ships, with the purpose of preventing ingress or egress, or the reception of supplies; as, the blockade of the ports of an enemy.
• Blockaded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Blockade
• Blockader Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who blockades.
- (n.) A vessel employed in blockading.