• Blooding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Blood
• Blood Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The fleshy nature of man.
- (v. t.) To heat the blood of; to exasperate.
- (v. t.) To give (hounds or soldiers) a first taste or sight of blood, as in hunting or war.
- (n.) Temper of mind; disposition; state of the passions; -- as if the blood were the seat of emotions.
- (n.) The shedding of blood; the taking of life, murder; manslaughter; destruction.
- (n.) Descent from parents of recognized breed; excellence or purity of breed.
- (n.) A bloodthirsty or murderous disposition.
- (n.) Descent; lineage; especially, honorable birth; the highest royal lineage.
- (n.) A man of fire or spirit; a fiery spark; a gay, showy man; a rake.
- (n.) The fluid which circulates in the principal vascular system of animals, carrying nourishment to all parts of the body, and bringing away waste products to be excreted. See under Arterial.
- (v. t.) To bleed.
- (v. t.) To stain, smear or wet, with blood.
- (n.) The juice of anything, especially if red.
- (n.) Relationship by descent from a common ancestor; consanguinity; kinship.