• Blubber Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To swell or disfigure (the face) with weeping; to wet with tears.
- (n.) A large sea nettle or medusa.
- (n.) A bubble.
- (v. t.) To give vent to (tears) or utter (broken words or cries); -- with forth or out.
- (n.) The fat of whales and other large sea animals from which oil is obtained. It lies immediately under the skin and over the muscular flesh.
- (v. i.) To weep noisily, or so as to disfigure the face; to cry in a childish manner.
• Blubbery Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Swollen; protuberant.
- (a.) Like blubber; gelatinous and quivering; as, a blubbery mass.
• Blubbering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Blubber
- (n.) The act of weeping noisily.