• Bodying Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Body
• Body Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Consistency; thickness; substance; strength; as, this color has body; wine of a good body.
- (n.) The bed or box of a vehicle, on or in which the load is placed; as, a wagon body; a cart body.
- (n.) Any mass or portion of matter; any substance distinct from others; as, a metallic body; a moving body; an aeriform body.
- (n.) Amount; quantity; extent.
- (n.) That part of a garment covering the body, as distinguished from the parts covering the limbs.
- (n.) A figure that has length, breadth, and thickness; any solid figure.
- (n.) A number of things or particulars embodied in a system; a general collection; as, a great body of facts; a body of laws or of divinity.
- (n.) A number of individuals spoken of collectively, usually as united by some common tie, or as organized for some purpose; a collective whole or totality; a corporation; as, a legislative body; a clerical body.
- (n.) The material organized substance of an animal, whether living or dead, as distinguished from the spirit, or vital principle; the physical person.
- (n.) The real, as opposed to the symbolical; the substance, as opposed to the shadow.
- (n.) A person; a human being; -- frequently in composition; as, anybody, nobody.
- (n.) The trunk, or main part, of a person or animal, as distinguished from the limbs and head; the main, central, or principal part, as of a tree, army, country, etc.
- (n.) The shank of a type, or the depth of the shank (by which the size is indicated); as, a nonpareil face on an agate body.
- (v. t.) To furnish with, or as with, a body; to produce in definite shape; to embody.
- (n.) The central, longitudinal framework of a flying machine, to which are attached the planes or aerocurves, passenger accommodations, controlling and propelling apparatus, fuel tanks, etc.