• Bombard Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To attack with bombards or with artillery; especially, to throw shells, hot shot, etc., at or into.
- (n.) A piece of heavy ordnance formerly used for throwing stones and other ponderous missiles. It was the earliest kind of cannon.
- (n.) Padded breeches.
- (n.) A bombardment.
- (n.) See Bombardo.
- (n.) A large drinking vessel or can, or a leather bottle, for carrying liquor or beer.
• Bombardman Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who carried liquor or beer in a can or bombard.
• Bombardment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An attack upon a fortress or fortified town, with shells, hot shot, rockets, etc.; the act of throwing bombs and shot into a town or fortified place.
• Bombardo Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Alt. of Bombardon